How to select your Outdoor Kitchen
For all of our Lifestyle Barbeques and the Modular Outdoor Kitchen Range in particular, you can specify your own needs by making your selection at each level of the Outdoor Kitchens 10 step guide below:
- Outdoor Kitchen step 1: The first decision is for you to select the gas-fired Barbeque Frame (BF) or ‘firebox’ size to suit your cooking needs. That is either 3-Burner (640mm wide cooking area); 4-Burner (800mm wide) or 5-Burner (960mm wide)
- Outdoor Kitchen step 2: Then select the stainless steel plate and grill combination or Burner Pack (BPI) that suits how you like to use the barbeque. There is no additional charge to customise your cooking surface for your outdoor kitchen. You can have a large plate and small grill (or vice versa) or half plate and half grill ... or ask for the standard plate and grill combination for the barbeque size you have selected. Choose from the range of plate widths of 160, 200, 240, 320, 400, 480, 560, 640, 720mm and BBQ grill widths of 160, 200, 240, 320, 400mm to span the width of the cooking area selected above. You will need to have a minimum of 160mm grill in your selection to provide ventilation to the firebox.
- Outdoor Kitchen step 3: To cover the cooking surface you may select one of two kinds of Roasting Hood. The International Roasting Hood (RHI), with furnace grade ceramic glass viewing window so you can see how your roast is developing without having to lift the hood and allow heat to escape or Sea View (RHP), full stainless steel without viewing window. Or if you do not want to roast or bake you can select a stainless steel Flat Rain Cover (RCF).
- Outdoor Kitchen step 4: You should then itemise the Trolley and Cabinet Kit, International (TCI) corresponding to the barbeque frame size selected in 1. above. This item is the supporting structure beneath the barbeque complete with stainless steel cabinetry and tilt-lift door which, when fully open, tucks away under the barbeque out of the way of the operator. The central barbeque unit comprising frame, burner pack, roasting hood and trolley and cabinet will then have an overall cabinet width of 3B = 810mm, 4B = 970mm and 5B = 1130mm.
Most Outdoor Kitchens have cabinets on both sides of the barbeque cabinet. However if you are going to terminate one side of the outdoor kitchen assembly with the barbeque module, you may select a cantilevered Plain Side Servery (S/S KIT) OR Side Burner (S/B KIT) fixed to that side. Alternatively, if you require that side of the barbeque cabinet to terminate with a vertical side panel, you should select a Trolley Side Panel Cover (TSPC) to dress the top edge of the side panel at this end of your outdoor kitchen assembly.
- Outdoor Kitchen step 5: If you require the heavy duty, stainless steel plain benchtop module for your outdoor kitchen, select 3B Cabinet, Drawer and Plain Benchtop, (3B CDBT-1) [You will need to nominate whether you require the module to be fitted to LHS or RHS of the barbeque]. All 3B Cabinet Units are 810mm width.
- If you require the module with a single 15.5MJ side burner select 3B Cabinet, Drawer and Single Side-Burner Benchtop (3B CDBT-2). [Once again you will need to nominate whether you require the module to be fitted to LHS or RHS of the barbeque] This option makes half of the benchtop area available for setting down barbeque portions, condiments, tools or for food preparation. The other half is occupied by the side burner pivoting lid.
- If you would prefer to have the 3B Cabinet, Drawer and Dual Side-Burner Benchtop select 3B CDBT-3. This option for two gas ring burners is great for people who only have electric cooktops indoors or who want to do most of their cooking outside. The dual side burner occupies most of the bench space of this 3B Cabinet module.
- If you want to be able to wash-up, clean and drain food portions and retain half of the benchtop space as working area for your outdoor kitchen,, select 3B Cabinet, Sinktop 17 litre & Mixer (3B CDBT-4). The 17 litre sink is always positioned in the middle of the cabinet. For something a little larger select 3B Cabinet, Sinktop 30 litre & Mixer (3B CDBT-8) This size sink also has the added advantage of an option timber pre-board to cover the sink when not in use. Please select timber prep-board (PPB) to specify the optional prep-board with this sink. This sink is also positioned in the middle of the benchtop. If you want to be able to wash up plates, grills, roasting racks etc outside then select 3B Cabinet, Deep Sinktop 45 litre and Mixer (3B CDBT-5) The sink is fitted centrally within and takes up almost all of the cabinet benchtop area. The 45 litre sink will accomodate an entire carton of beer or case of wine or salad bowls on ice - it works beautifully as an open ice chest. This sink has a full lift away stainless steel lid available as an option to cover the sink when not in use. Select Cover Plate Stainless Steel (CLP-45) to specify this lid. You can design for one, two or more 3B CDBT-1,2,3,4,5 modules in any sequence with other 3B CDBT-1,2,3,4,5 modules to create more benchtop area and more storage volume. If you have two or more 3B CDBT-1 units side by side, you will need to select a 3B Multiple Bay Custom Benchtop (3B BT-x) to span them with a single stainless steel benchtop. Then there will be no join lines to interrupt the continuity of your benchtop. [You need to nominate the spatial arrangement of additional modules with respect to position of the barbeque unit]
- Outdoor Kitchen step 6: You can design for one, two or more 3B CDBT-1,2,3,4,5 modules in any sequence with other 3B CDBT-1,2,3,4,5 modules to create more benchtop area and more storage volume for your outdoor kitchen. If you have two or more 3B CDBT-1 units side by side, you will need to select a 3B Multiple Bay Custom Benchtop (3B BT-x) to span them with a single stainless steel benchtop. Then there will be no join lines to interrupt the continuity of your benchtop. [You need to nominate the spatial arrangement of additional modules with respect to position of the barbeque unit]
- Outdoor Kitchen step 7: For the traditional alternative to gas barbequing, select a Charcoal Roaster (eg 4B CHAR) instead of, or in addition to, the Barbeque Frame of your choice in 1. above. Lifestyle Charcoal Roasters are of identical modular dimensions to our gas-fired Barbeque Frames.
- Outdoor Kitchen step 8: Now you need to decide where in the arrangement of 1B and 3B cabinets and the barbeque cabinet/s the Beverage Centre (if required) will be located on your outdoor kitchen. If you have a side burner, it is best to locate the side burner module on the opposite side of the barbeque to the beverage centre. If you require ABM to supply the Beverage Centre (V40 BVC) please select the item. Please also select the Beverage Centre Cabinet (V40 Cabinet). The V40BVC unit sits directly on its four screw-adjustable legs on the paved, tiled or timber ground surface. Clearances with the cabinet are adjusted by adjusting the legs. Best design locates the BVC Cabinet as the final module at one end of the assembly. Benchtops over the V40 Cabinet are always 675mm deep (front to back). Benchtops over 1B and 3B cabinets can be either 480mm or 675mm deep.
- Outdoor Kitchen step 9: To create a solid, durable, totally custom-made and aesthetically pleasing appearance for your Outdoor Kitchen, you can select the stainless steel plinth. The plinth system supports the 1B, 3B and barbeque cabinets, but not the BVC Cabinet, which stands directly on the ground. A dedicated area with smooth and level ground conditions is required for your outdoor kitchen.
- Outdoor Kitchen step 10: For Sydney customers a shop pre-assembly service (for delivery in pre-assembled modules) is available, select Assembly. On-site Delivery service to deliver your assembled barbeque to its final operating location is available. For all other areas supply is in barbeque modules, each packed in its respective carton and containing easy to follow, assembly instructions. Assembling our outdoor kitchen is well within the capability of any tradesman or person familiar with using hand tools. A Phillips head screwdriver and adjustable spanner are the only tools required to complete the final assembly of your outdoor kitchen.